Volunteer with us without leaving your clinic
It’s really easy to support the work of the OCC – the UK’s only specialist paediatric osteopathy charity. Best of all, osteopaths, you can now volunteer from the comfort of your own clinic.
Between Tuesday 19 July and Tuesday 16 August, you and your colleagues could be working alongside us to make treatments available to families who otherwise couldn’t afford osteopathy, by donating a treatment, a half-day or a full-day clinic fee.
If you’re not an osteopath, we’d still love for you to get involved in our work and fundraising.
The osteopathy charity
The Osteopathic Centre for Children never turns away a patient who is unable to pay for treatment – we believe that specialist paediatric osteopathy should be available to those who need it even if their families are experiencing financial hardship.
Without the support of our osteopaths the charity would be unable to help families in need in the same way, and would have to ask patients to pay private consultation fees for their treatment – something we know would put treatment out of reach of a large number of our patients, and undermine the very reason we exist.
Can you give some of your time to help us reach more children?
How it works
It’s really easy. We promise.
- You register your interest with us using this simple form
- We’ll send you some posters and email you with some info and other bits to make you really feel part of our work, and help you spread the word at your clinic (and beyond) about the work you’re doing with us
- On the day we’ll email you with handy hints and tips, reminding you to let your patients and followers know you’ll #DonateADaytoOCC
- You can make your donation easily via JustGiving or send us a cheque… just please don’t put cash in the post (no-one still does this, right?). JustGiving makes it easy for you to make your donation go further with GiftAid so we’d love it if you could donate online.
- We’ll spread the word about your work for us through media and social media, including via our friends at the Institute for Osteopathy
- Everyone gets a warm fuzzy glow, and we’ll follow up to let you know how much we raised together.